In message <[log in to unmask]>, Ewan Davis
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>In article <[log in to unmask]>, Mary Hawking
><[log in to unmask]> writes
>>

>>I complained as well - and they told me it had been passed by "a group
>>of GPs in the Midlands"!
>>I heard later that it was supposed to be part of the fundholding setup -
>>but no-one remembered to tell the hospital end!
>>I don't often agree with Ray Lilley - but when he says it's a scandal
>>that no-one ever got fired,he may have a point!
>>Mary
>>
>In todays NHS lots of people get fired.(usually the wrong ones). As can
>been seen from the fact that 40% of Trust and HA CEO's have been in post
>for less than a year.
>
>Having  had nearly 40 years where it was nearly impossible to get rid of
>the incompetent the NHS has gone mad. It has managed to merge worst
>practice form the private sector with its own special brand of madness
>to create an environment of fear in which progress is unlikely and which
>finding anyone to take a long term view is near impossible.
>Ewan Davis

Ewan, I absolutley agree. I was refering to coments Ray Lilley made in
the BJHC and IM - last year,I think. He was talking about senior
managers who had made decisions sufficiently unwise/incompetent to have
been censored by the Audit Commission (I think) -
It appears that the normal treatment for *senior* management in this
situation is promotion .. or am I being cynical?
The "cuts" always seem - from my worm's eye view - to be in previous RHA
or FHSA staff , especially the ones who were actually competent..
knowing _anything_ about either Information Management or Information
Technology seems to be a sure road to redundancy (whether or not it's
"voluntary"). I know the new structure hasn't been bedded down yet - but
I have a horrible feeling that the consequences of the Peter Principle
are already with us! :-<
I suffer from nightmares - but am I paranoid?
Mary

--
Mary Hawking
Kingsbury Court Surgery