Can I get some ideas from the "coalface" of general practice? I've a
72yr. old patient who had her first migrainous headache a few months
ago.I discussed her with our local neurologist who said,yes, it was a
bit uncommon but do a few bloods and wait and see if she gets more
before getting alarmed.Fairly wise as it turned out as she's had no more
but for some reason I included a lipid screen in her investigations and
her cholesterol came back as 9.6 and has not improved on dietary
treatment.She has no history or symptoms of IHD and her parents died of
old age. One sister had an MI at age 65+. I'm inclined to ignore it.
What would you do? I'd be most grateful for your opinions.
Best wishes,
--
Peter Glover
Churh View Surgery,