On Wed, 18 Sep 1996 16:41:15 -0400, you wrote:

>>spotty youths who are cheap, unmotivated and who ooze pus into your
>>unprotected computer equipment.
>>
>>My wife has just started working for a company that seems to have a
>>large financial stake in them. I'll tell her off tonight.
>
>What financial rewards can one get from spotty youths oozing pus????
>
>I think we should be told.

It gets worse, Trefor. It turns out the company actually owns Byte,
lock, stock and barrel.

Yesteday my wife rang one of the branches and the conversation went
something like this (remember to adopt a disinterested, slightly
offensive tone when taking the part of the receptionist):

Wife:		Good morning, could I speak to Mr Smith, the
		manager, please?

Receptionist:	What's your problem?

Wife:		I'd just like to speak to Mr Smith, please.

Receptionist:	OK, what's your problem?

Wife:		I don't have a problem. I need to speak to Mr Smith as

		I'm arranging some in-store training for him.

Receptionist:	Sorry, all our training's done by Head Office....

Wife:		I am Head Office!

Receptionist:	Oh, I'll put you through.

It's almosy tempting to start up a customer care training company near
the branch. The contract would be enormous.

         Mike Carey, Kings Heath, Birmingham, UK
Face it, it's easy, you're only shaking cos you're terrified