In message <[log in to unmask]>, Dr Alan Hassey
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Has anybody managed to work with their GP system supplier to produce
>Koerner-type datasets for central returns? We are trying to do this
>with  EMIS but nobody seems to be able to do much :-(

sorry,Alan,not quite sure what you're talking about! What *are*
"Koerner-tye datasets" and "central returns"? (doesn't this depend on
how the whole practice is entering data in the first place?..garbage in-
garbage out...)
Who wants 'em - and why?  ;->
Mary
PS if suppliers are developing software for this, and it isn't something
most users need, do we actually want them to devote time - and money -
to it? If the need for such software comes from either the NHS Executive
or the HA, shouldn't the development be funded from monies outside GMS?
and if you're an EMIS user, what are the *extra* features which would
stop you getting the data either by an audit or search - or by using
MIQUEST? I'm not trying to be difficult - really would like to know..

--
Mary Hawking
Kingsbury Court Surgery