In message <[log in to unmask]>, Jon Rogers
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Leonard Peter <[log in to unmask]> writes
>>My FHSA says they have a right to allocate patients even if the live
>>outside my area. I think this is wrong and unjust.
>
>I agree it is wrong, but re-reading the regulations it does appear it
>MIGHT be legal...

can anyone tell me if this one is legal?
There are a small (but increasing) number of patients unacceptable to
*any* practice in the area. The HA has decided (with,I think, the
agreement of the LMC) to put these patients on a rota of two to four
weeks, to different practices. Note,these patients are *not* allocated -
so no practice can reject them - and immediate necessary treatment fees
are paid for any services - avoiding the problem of where they are on
the first day of the quarter.
Are there any regulations covering this?
Mary

--
Mary Hawking
Kingsbury Court Surgery