In message <[log in to unmask]>, Tim Walter
<[log in to unmask]> writes

>I have begun to compile a guide to Emis for novices using Hypertext
>links.  This is currently very embryonic and is available for veiwing on
>my web site
>
>http://www.yingtong.demon.co.uk/Emisman/
>
>It is still very empty though I have created the core structure.  It is
>meant to help our soon to arrive Locum and then our New partner ( if we
>get one).  It is intended for GP use initially though I want to make it
>work for the non clinical side as well.
>
>If you have ANY guides sheets or manuals as to HOW TO DO something that
>I could copy/plagiarise ( with references) then please send to me for
>inclusion.
>
>The maps etc are only valid in version 3 browsers (only tested with
>Internet Explorer 3).  The whole file structure is available for zipped
>transfer if you wish as it would be best if you want to run it to do it
>off your local drive.
>
>PLEASE help me.
>

>PS Mary.  I have used, and will use other parts of, your manual.  Thanks
>and what do you think.?

Tim,
I think you're rushing things - and I hadn't intended to broadcast my
practice manual project on the Internet - certainly not at this
embryonic stage!
The manual , including the section on EMIS, was written (on paper) to
help our new partner find her way around the people in the practice,
outside contacts, protocols , legal requiremnts, form filling(and what
our practice does with the forms) etc - in fact, all the things we have
on paper... somewhere.
This was getting a bit bulky - so an HTML manual seemed the ideal answer
(problem of software incompatability between homes and practice in the
surgery).
I feel that if this type of project is being developed as a resource to
supplement (*not* replace) training, it would be a good idea to discuss
it formally with EMIS training *before* publication ..
Mary
PS there's something very odd with the Luton node at the moment - so I
haven't actually been able to look at it yet..
PPS do I have intellectual ownership of the idea of a hypertext practice
manual .. ? ;->>

--
Mary Hawking
Kingsbury Court Surgery