In a message dated 06/07/96  08:08:03, Ewan Davis, Managing Director AAH
Meditel Ltd wrote,

>I resent the view of some customers, that the best way to get a response
>is to go public. I can understand that customers want a rapid response
>to a matter which they think may be mission critical but what they need
>is an accurate answer and a solution that works.
>I had some personal health concerns recently. My GP couldnt give the
>immediate reassurance I would have liked, She wanted to complete some
>investigations first. Maybe I would have got better service if Id
>written to all her partners, half the rest of the practice team, The
>Health Authorities, the CHC, The patients participation group and posted
>my concerns on a few likely looking online services. I didnt, I waited
>and (I hope most of you will be please to hear) discovered that my
>condition wasnt life threatening and was amenable to treatment. Ho hum.

You are meant to be running a profit making company who is taking large
amounts of money off poorly paid GP's to provide us with an essential
service. We however, have an infinitely widely possible range of problems
thrown at us ranging from the trivial to the life threatening evey seven and
a half minutes and have a major deficiency in the resources that we need to
back us up. There is no comparison.

 Please withdraw you offensive remarks. This forum is not for all GP's. It
represents a small segment of the IT aware GP community. It is an entirely
reasonable forum to discuss such complex problems. It is not our fault that
the GP and/or IT press may be monitoring it. I am not particularly pleased
that you condition...... No on second thoughts I will not stoop to your level
of argument.

Trefor Roscoe                      Email; [log in to unmask]
Beighton Health Centre        Tel 0114 - 269 5061
Queens Road, Beighon        Fax 0114 - 269 7186
Sheffield S19 6BJ

PS I am a microdoc user and I am non too happy with our system, I am working
with them to solve our problems, not slagging them off in public to produce a
slanging match.