In message <[log in to unmask]> you wrote:

> At 17:13 05/09/1996 +0100, you wrote:
> >I detest fundholding ...
> So do I, and I am the "Fund Partner".
> The problem is that GPFH/internal market has been incorrectly applied.
> The money *does not* follow the patient. It precedes him/her.
>
> > (while walking the dog, which is when all STONKING ideas occur to me)
> Ditto. I have a mad Border Colley. What's yours?

A Siberian Husky called Stevie Ray, in memory of Stevie Ray Vaughan,
who died tragically in 1990, in a helicopter crash as it happens,
travelling somewhere after supporting Eric Clapton. Anywya, we went
in a helicopter at the weekend, on a day-trip to Blackpool (better than
it sounds).

> >Anyway, my idea is to make every citizen a fundholder.
> >Allocate so much a year to each person
> Sorry John Spiers, formerly Chairman of Brighton NHS Trust and now Chairman
> of the Patient's Association thought of this first. He calls it Patient
> Fundholding.

Oh buggery.

> I think it's a great idea. 600-700UKp per patient. They would have to stop
> coming to see us to save up for their CABG, etc:-)

Hmmm, I like that part.

> >I'll be walking the dog again this evening. I wonder what
> >spiffing wheeze will occur to me then.
> >
> The last good idea (no *great*) I had is yet to happen. If we get the local
> DGH to subcontract work to us I'll let you all know how we did it.

baited breath etc (not dog breath)