> 4. Open the netscape Edit heading, select the paste option.

For me at this point the paste option is greyed out and unavailable.

My Netscape 2.01 seems to have its own clipboard - cutting or
copying bookmarks in Netscape puts things on the clipboard and makes
the paste command available.  If I then copy things to the clipboard
and paste to Netscape the old stuff gets pasted in!

My workaround was to look at the bookmark.htm file and try to put in
the same  html markers - sort of worked - Netscape imported the file
- but made a mess and left lots of tidying up to be done

 michael