---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:	IAN QUIGLEY, 100625,2010
TO:	David Sydenham, INTERNET:[log in to unmask]
DATE:	28/08/96 23:25

RE:	Copy of: Re: Overseas visitors/overseas doctors

David wrote
"We tried a few years ago to get clear guidance from the FHSA and DOH as
to who should receive NHS treatment and under what circumstances. The
replies were no use at all in deciding whether to charge or not - so we
now put all on TR forms - why should we have all the hassle."

At Western Rd we take the opposite view. rather than attempt to work out which
countries have reciprocal agreements we see all patients from abroad on a
private basis. We charge L16.75 for the consultation plus L7.oo for a private
prescription. Any further work such as a referral would incur an extra fee.
Ian Quigley
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ian_quigley