Adrian wrote:

> Having said that, the most useful area for users to write on would be
> to take a task and write "How we do this with {SM/EMIS/Meditel/Vamp etc}
>
> Exapmles would be organising contraceptive services; stylising Asthma
> care; running a repeat prescription service; organising the paper notes
> to correspond to a POMR computer record etc.

What an excellent idea.  Imagine a bucket of 'how to' descriptions
written in plain English and with optional extra techie/ system-specific
version. I see Ian Quigley's web site includes a free downoad of a nice
wee diabetic clinic program.  How useful it would be for GP-UK web site
to offer a door into the 'how to' bucket.

Alan Hyslop
Computing & IT Strategy
Management Executive, NHS in Scotland.