In your message dated Tuesday 2, July 1996 you wrote :
Dear Sue, I think you have summed up the frustration of treating Hay fever.
Because the current treatments are of limited benefit patients demand steroid
injections(usually because a friend has advise them too) This causes the
frustration of not wanting the treatment to have a detrimental effect on their
health. One patient told me that I had explained all the problems and it was up
to her to make the decision of what type of treatment she should have. What is
you opinion? Should we prescribe if the patienst is fully informed about the
side effects even if we feel the risks of the treatment might out weigh the
risks of the untreated disease.????
Rob

 In General Practice I find prescribing for this sort of problem
> quite anxiety-provoking;
> i) patients who consult for this sort of problem seem to me to demand quite
high standards - of their health and of their doctor. Unfortunately I have a
feeling that most of the remedies prescribed for hay fever are of rather
limited benefit.

--
Robert bracchi