-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	LONDON - Demonstrations Technician (Part-time) at the Ri
Date: 	Wed, 3 Apr 2024 13:06:56 +0000
From: 	Rakhshanda Hussain <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
CC: 	Becky Poyntz <[log in to unmask]>

The Ri provides science education and heritage activities for people of
all ages and backgrounds across the UK and around the world. These
activities include the world-famous CHRISTMAS LECTURES
<https://www.rigb.org/christmas-lectures>,
  a national programme of Masterclasses for young people in mathematics
and computer science, science workshops in our L’Oréal Young Scientist
Centre; animations and films from our YouTube channel.

We are currently looking for a *Demonstrations Technician* to help
develop engaging and world class scientific demonstrations for our
Public, Family, and Schools programming, including the CHRISTMAS LECTURES.

You will maintain the Demo room, machinery and storage, the Demo Asset
register for props and demonstration equipment and ensure maintenance is
carried out in line with relevant risk mitigation. You will also support
the coordination of the team, liaising with colleagues, and coordinating
props to ensure effective use of resources.

*Job Title: *Demonstrations Technician**

*Accountable to: *Content Producer, Heritage and Demonstrations

*Location:*21 Albemarle Street, London

*Contract type*: Permanent, part time (21-28 hours per week)

*Salary*: c.£27,000 per annum**

*Closing Date*: 10am on Monday 8 April 2024*.*

*Interview Date:*Interviews are scheduled to take place on the 16th and
17th April.

If**you have experience of working in a workshop environment and
sourcing, developing and building demonstrations and propsplease see our
website Demonstrations Technician | Royal Institution (rigb.org)
<https://www.rigb.org/about-us/work-us/demonstrations-technician> for
more details.

To apply, please send us your CV and Supporting Statement, of no more
than 500 words, explaining why you would like to be our new
Demonstrations Technician, and how you meet the requirements for the
role, to [log in to unmask] by *10am on Monday 8 April 2024*.

Kind regards,

**

*Rakhshanda Hussain*

HR Coordinator

*Royal Institution*, 21 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BS
<https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/RxtCCwKYohVRg0FVBlvc?domain=google.com>

e: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

t: 020 7670 2907

http://www.rigb.org/
<https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/eZS7CE0NYc06k1HxyfdZ?domain=rigb.org>

https://venue.rigb.org/
<https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/7tqpCy91qF2yA6FQAmHa?domain=venue.rigb.org/>

Registered Charity No. 227938. Read about our charitable work and the
help our members, patrons and supporters give in our *annual review*
<https://www.rigb.org/about/annual-review>

**

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)

Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212