The Centre for Dementia Research at Leeds Beckett University would like to invite you to our first public in-person seminar on 2nd May 5.30-6.30pm.

We are delighted to welcome Dr Becca O’Brien, a Speech and Language Therapist and Senior Research Fellow from the University of Nottingham, who will be giving a talk entitled:

“How can staff communication approaches in acute hospital settings support everyday care tasks and avoid, de-escalate or resolve distress behaviours?”

There is more information in the attached flyer. You can book a place at the seminar via this link:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/centre-for-dementia-research-seminar-series-02-may-2024-1730-1830-tickets-862111036317

Please feel free to share the invite with  any people or networks you think may be interested.

Many thanks,

Rachael Kelley

(on behalf of the Centre for Dementia Research)

Dr Rachael Kelley, Visiting Associate Professor

Leeds Institute for Health Sciences, University of Leeds

Email: [log in to unmask]

Webpage: https://medicinehealth.leeds.ac.uk/medicine/staff/499/dr-rachael-kelley

Pronouns: she/her. Why is this important? https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why

Please note that as a visiting member of staff there may be a delay in my email responses. If you require a quicker response please contact me at: [log in to unmask]

Dr Rachael Kelley, Reader in Dementia Research

Centre for Dementia Research, School of Health

Leeds Beckett University, CL503 Calverley Building, City Campus, Leeds LS1 3HE, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)113 8125909

Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kelley_rach

Personal Profile: http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/staff/rachael-kelley/

Webpage for the Centre for Dementia Research: http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/research/research-areas/research-centres/centre-for-dementia-research/

Pronouns: she, her (why is this important?

Due to the flexible way I choose to work, I may sometimes send emails outside of regular office hours. Please do not feel under any pressure to respond outside of your own working hours.

Working days: Monday - Thursday.

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
https://leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/email

To unsubscribe from the INEQUALITIESRESEARCHNETWORK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=INEQUALITIESRESEARCHNETWORK&A=1