Dear SPM experts,

We used the default CMM_NMDA model in SPM12 to model the first 50ms of a TMS-evoked response registered with EEG. With PEB we then tested which (if any) parameter of the model was related to an external variable.
I have issues interpreting the effect we see on the GABAa parameter as I do not fully understand what information it is conveying in the model:

  1.
Is GABAa mediating all the inhibitory connections allowed in the model (thus both the inhibitory feedback loops and the projections from the inhibitory interneuron to the other subpopulations)?
  2.
Is it mediating just the inhibitory connections from the inhibitory interneuron to the other subpopulations?
  3.
Or is it conveying another type of information?

Thank you a lot in advance for your time and help.

Best,
Ilenia