Dear colleagues,

With this email, I'd like to bring to your attention Waves’24

Are you interested in brain, respiratory, cardiovascular, oculomotor and/or gastrointestinal signals?

After the success of the first Body-Brain Waves conference, this year we are planning a 4-day Summer School, followed by a 2-day Symposium.

Waves’24 takes place in Salerno (my hometown in southern Italy) from the 23rd to 28th September 2024

  1. Summer School: 23-26 September 2024;
  2. Symposium: 27-28 September 2024.

At the core of both events, the following questions:

  1. How to best measure Body-Brain physiological signals
  2. How to best investigate Body-Brain interactions and their influence on cognition

Preliminary program

  • During the Summer School, young and emerging early career researchers will offer several courses and workshops on how to best acquire and analyze bodily physiological signals next to brain activity and/or behavior.

    Participants will learn best practices in acquiring respiratory, cardiovascular, oculomotor and gastrointestinal signals, and how to holistically examine dynamic Body-Brain interactions and their modulatory role in cognition. Real hands-on data!

  • The Summer School will be followed by a 2-day Symposium featuring talks and workshops on Body-Brain Waves and mobile body-brain imaging applications.

At the end of each day, social activities such as aperitivo on the seaside, cruise to Amalfi and visit of the Greek temples in Paestum.

If this initiative is of interest to you and colleagues, please spread the info and apply following these instructions.
Please, note that there are separate applications for the Summer School and Symposium.

Don't hesitate to get in touch for any doubts and questions.

Looking forward to welcoming you at Waves'24.

Thank you in advance for attention and for helping us spreading the email and info around.

Have a nice day,

Antonio Criscuolo

Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience

Dept NP&PP, Maastricht University