Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce some updates about ASPIRANTUM’s Russian Language Summer School 2024.

We already have 6 confirmed students. You can see the profiles of our participants on our Twitter https://twitter.com/Aspirantumcom and Instagram https://www.instagram.com/aspirantumcom/ pages.

I've included for you more details about the course below.

To apply, please visit: https://aspirantum.com/courses/russian-language-summer-school
If you apply before March 15, 2024, and pay by March 21, 2024, you can pay with a discount.

Students may select a 4-10 weeks (80 - 200 hours) program starting from June 23, June 30, or July 7, 2024 (please mention the preferred start date in your application form).

10 weeks - 200 contact hours (1 hour = 60 minutes)
9 weeks - 180 contact hours
8 weeks - 160 contact hours
7 weeks - 140 contact hours
6 weeks - 120 contact hours
5 weeks - 100 contact hours
4 weeks - 80 contact hours

The Russian summer school 2024 will have 1 or 2 groups (upper elementary and intermediate) of up to 12 participants (the ASPIRANTUM Russian language groups during the last 8 years have usually had 2-8 students). In 2023, we had a cool group of eight students. They were all at the same level and ended up in one group. You can check out what they had to say about their experience below.

The intermediate syllabus covers a wide range of topics, including Economic Russian, Military Russian, Legal Russian, Cultural Russian, Technological Russian, Medical Russian, and more. You can find the daily topics in the syllabus: https://aspirantum.com/curriculum/intermediate-russian-syllabus

During our summer school, we have planned exciting trips to some of Armenia’s most renowned cultural heritage sites. These include the Quba Mere Diwane Yezidi Temple, the Garni Pagan Temple, the Geghard Monastery, the Mausoleum of Kara Koyunlu Emirs, the Amberd Fortress, and the picturesque Lake Sevan. We will also visit Martuni, Ayrivank on Lake Sevan, Ejmiatsin, Tsaghkadzor, Bjni, Khor Virap, Noravank, and more.

These tours offer students a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in local culture. They will have the chance to milk and shear a sheep, savor cheese under a shepherd’s tent, and sample the finest Armenian cuisine in traditional restaurants. Additionally, they can enjoy a refreshing swim in Sevan Lake, situated 1900 meters above sea level, and Kari Lake, located at an elevation of 3185 meters.

To get a glimpse of what these tours entail, you can watch a recap of our previous excursions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PmyCWDsvg and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R4JlteBOxw

The deadline to apply to the 4-10 weeks 2024 Russian language summer school is May 15, 2024.

The participation fee is:
$6390 - 10 weeks
$5890 - 9 weeks
$5490 - 8 weeks
$4990 - 7 weeks
$4490 - 6 weeks
$3990 - 5 weeks
$3490 - 4 weeks

Discount:
If you apply before March 15, 2024, and make the payment by March 21, 2024, the participation fee will be:
$5890 - 10 weeks
$5490 - 9 weeks
$4990 - 8 weeks
$4490 - 7 weeks
$3990 - 6 weeks
$3590 - 5 weeks
$2990 - 4 weeks

To apply fro the summer school, please visit: https://aspirantum.com/courses/russian-language-summer-school

Below, I am sending you the testimonials of our students who participated in our summer schools.

1. Ecem Saricayir, PhD Student, Cornell University, USA - https://aspirantum.com/testimonials/ecem-saricayir--russian-language-4-weeks-summer-school-2023
2. Willem de Mol van Otterloo, Student, Cambridge University, UK - https://aspirantum.com/testimonials/willem-de-mol-van-otterloo--russian-language-6-weeks-summer-school-2023
3. Chika Nweke, Khan Academy, USA - https://aspirantum.com/testimonials/chika-nweke--russian-language-8-weeks-summer-school-2023
4. Catherine Pasternack, Student, UCLA, USA - https://aspirantum.com/testimonials/catherine-pasternack--russian-language-4-weeks-summer-school-2023
5. Xiaochuan Yu, MA in Development Studies, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland - https://aspirantum.com/testimonials/xiaochuan-yu--russian-language-8-weeks-summer-school-2023
6. Eleanor Inglin, Student, University of Birmingham, UK - https://aspirantum.com/testimonials/eleanor-inglin--russian-language-4-weeks-summer-school-2023
7. Katarzyna Swierad-Redwood, PhD Student, University of Notre Dame, USA - https://aspirantum.com/testimonials/katarzyna-swierad-redwood--russian-language-8-weeks-summer-school-2023
8. Annabel Baldwinson, Student, Australian National University, Australia - https://aspirantum.com/testimonials/annabel-baldwinson--russian-language-4-weeks-summer-school-2023

About 2023 Russian summer school: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ySPv_7XUE
About 2022 Russian summer school: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0fjgpb7jc
About 2021 Russian summer school: Learning Russian in Armenia. What do students say about Russian summer school 2021?

Yours,
Khachik

To unsubscribe from the RUSSIAN-STUDIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=RUSSIAN-STUDIES&A=1