Hi everybody,

I hope you're all well.

I've been chatting with the Students and New Professionals group again about some library visits and we've provisionally came up with some ideas. I wanted to give the committee first chance to attend if you are able. So we're putting the final touches onto a day visit where we can visit the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow library in the morning and then the Glasgow Women's library in the afternoon and then head to a cafe or pub if anybody likes and 'network'.  I know not everybody would be able to travel to Glasgow for the day or get time off work, but it would be worthwhile if you possibly can. The idea is to aim for 20 people attending with a 10/10 split, so that some new professionals can come along and group of LocScot members too.

Which is all to say that we're just trying to work out a date.

If you think that this is something that you'd be able to get (a) time off for (b) you can get to Glasgow reasonably easily and (c) you'd like to visit these libraires please look out for my email.

I was then thinking of trying a similar thing in Edinburgh which hopefully is easier for some of the group who are further out from Glasgow to make it along to.

Is this something Clare P, Iain and Hanita could advise and help with, I'm hoping you have contacts, and ideas of places you'd like to visit or have visited before that you think would be worthwhile for the rest of us to see. Ideally that we could see two of in a day possibly and can walk or commute to. I'd love to hear your ideas.

I'll try and arrange a LocScot committee meeting next month (I'm having a hectic month here) and we can finally meet the new committee members 😄. I've attended the CILIP Local Studies Group committee meeting this week and I have CILIPS Council next week, so I'll also type up my notes and update after that.

Oh and I'll eventually pick a day to trial run the online networking session idea too.

Have a lovely weekend
Thanks
Scott

Scott Broadfoot

Information Services Librarian

South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture SCIO

East Kilbride Central Library

Olympia Shopping Centre

Churchill Avenue

East Kilbride

G74 1PG

Tel: 01355 220046

www.slleisureandculture.co.uk

     Libraries South Lanarkshire  Children's activities    Cultural Activities    Leisure
     @LibrariesSL    @SLLeisCulture    @ActiveSchoolsSL    @SportnHealthSL
   Libraries South Lanarkshire
 Libraries South Lanarkshire

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LOCSCOT list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=LIS-LOCSCOT&A=1