Apologies for cross posting - please fwd this to any EAP/TESOL to complete.

Hello,

My name is Dr. Zoe Handley. I work in  the Department of Education at the University of York, UK. I am currently working on a project exploring University English language teachers’ knowledge, beliefs and practices in relation to the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies to support language learning and teaching. As an English language teacher, I would like to invite you to take part in this project.

iTESOL: Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) in Higher Education

Purpose of the study:

We are particularly interested in exploring University English language teachers’ understanding of AI, their perceptions of its potential impact on language learning and teaching, and how, if at all, they are using AI technologies to support language learning and teaching and why.

What would this mean for you?

You will be asked to complete a survey on AI for English language learning and teaching. When you have completed the survey, you will also be asked if you are willing to participate in a follow up interview. If you are selected to participate in the follow up interview, you will be asked to provide further details on the topic outlined above.

If you complete the survey, you will be given the opportunity to enter a draw for a £50 Amazon voucher. If you complete an interview, you will be offered a £5 Amazon voucher.

More information can be found in the introduction to the iTESOL survey.

Thank you for considering taking part in the iTESOL survey.

Dr Zoe Handley

Centre for Advanced Studies in Language and Education

Department of Education

The University of York

--
--------------------------------------
Dr Zoe Handley

Students:
For programme specific information please check out the Student handbook
Office hours: Thursdays 3:30 - 4:30

Research:
For publications, PhD opportunities and more see PIVOTAL Lab

New publications:
Handley, Z. L., & Wang, H. (2023). What Do the Measures of Utterance Fluency Employed in Automatic Speech Evaluation (ASE) Tell Us About Oral Proficiency?. Language Assessment Quarterly, 1-30.

--