Hi All,

As many of you will have seen on Facebook, the discovery of a new specimen of cotterite continues to receive good publicity [Type 'Ben cotterite' into Google and see results].

I am now updating information and ask the group if there are any specimens you know of that are not on the following list (derived from my 2016 paper, which is free online now):

1 - Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery, University of Glasgow (Scotland)

4 - National Museum of Ireland-Natural History (NMI-NH), Dublin (Ireland)

2 - National Museums of Scotland, Edinburgh (Scotland)

2 - National Museums Liverpool (England)

14* - Natural History Museum, London (England), 12* from Rockforest; 2 dubious from Devon (England)

8 - Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Oxford (England)

3 - Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of Natural History, Washington DC (USA): 1 from Rockforest; 2 dubious from Nova Scotia (Canada)

1 - Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)

1 - University College Cork (Ireland)

1 - University College Dublin (Ireland), now donated to the NMI-NH.

And if there is any associated documentation, letters, etc (e.g., from Gace Cotter herself, her father Rev. George Cotter, Prof. R. Harkness of University College Cork, Prof Story-Maskelyne of the NHM, etc) with any of the above – or others you may know about – please send me copies.

With many thanks for your ongoing help.

Patrick

Museum Opening Hours

The information in this email and any files transmitted with it is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please let the sender know and delete all copies from your computer systems.

We do not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any other defects although we have taken due care to minimise the risk. NMI rejects all responsibility and accepts no liability for any email content or attachment.

Please note that emails to, from, or within NMI may be subject to a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2014 and/or the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.

To unsubscribe from the GEO-CURATORS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=GEO-CURATORS&A=1