Scientific Reports: Call for Papers – ‘Motion perception’<https://www.nature.com/collections/bcihgbjcjf> special issue (deadline: 23rd July 2024).

Scientific Reports is currently welcoming submissions of original research to a Motion perception<https://www.nature.com/collections/bcihgbjcjf> Collection. The collection is now open for manuscript submissions.

Motion perception plays a fundamental role in our daily visual experience; it is critical for computing the speed and direction of moving objects and controlling our own body and eye movements. Motion perception relies on our visual, vestibular, and proprioceptive systems; therefore, when any of these systems is impaired, motion perception deficits are likely to arise. Approaches to understanding multisensory interaction between these systems is thus crucial for supporting individuals with motion perception disorders.

This Collection welcomes original research articles investigating motion perception and the multiple systems that underlie our ability to perceive object motion, self-motion, and control different parts of our body. Research articles on motion perception disorders and approaches to their diagnosis and treatment are welcome.

One can submit manuscripts at the following link, and the collection will be open to submissions at least through 23 July
https://www.nature.com/collections/bcihgbjcjf

All manuscripts submitted to a Collection are assessed according to the standard Scientific Reports editorial criteria and peer review process and are subject to all standard journal policies<https://www.nature.com/srep/journal-policies/editorial-policies>.

The editors for this collection are Farley Norman ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)  and myself ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Elena Gheorghiu

Dr Elena Gheorghiu
University of Stirling, Faculty of Natural Sciences
Department of Psychology, Cottrell building
Stirling, FK9 4LA, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 467649
https://www.stir.ac.uk/people/257378