Is your organisation passionate about the importance of family and local history?

Are you looking to grow your audience, and engage with potential new customers?

Do you want to share and celebrate your commitment to helping others engage and explore the past?

If you answered yes to any of the above, then we’ve got good news! All About That Place is back, and we are excited to offer unique opportunities for our 2024 programme. Our Sponsorship packages go beyond simply providing space to broadcast your services, and instead really support you to reach and engage with a new and growing audience of people fascinated by the past.  We are calling on speakers to help us deliver a groundbreaking unique event by providing ten-minute talks on a wide variety of subjects.

Last year the Society of Genealogists piloted a unique free virtual challenge event celebrating One Place Studies. Delivered in collaboration with the Society for One-Place Studies, British Association for Local History and Genealogy Stories, it combined bite sized talks with an electronic workbook packed with tasks and activities. At its core was an ethos of collaboration, interaction, and participant engagement.

Running for 10 days across Facebook and YouTube, the event encompassed 93 Speakers and 130 ten-minute talks. It garnered large audiences, gaining 28,900 video views on YouTube alone and making 600,000 impressions. 718 people subscribed to the YouTube Channel, 1,878 individuals joined the pop-up Facebook Group, 1,450 individuals joined SoG’s email mailing list to follow daily updates on the event.

Our Sponsors were an integral part of the success of the 2023 event. They ran competitions, they took part in interviews, they met and had conversations with their ideal customers!

You see, All About That Place is more than just a conference. It’s a movement – a call to action and an invitation to be a part of a community – one we’d love you to be a part of nurturing.

We’ve ploughed everything we’ve learnt into All About That Place 2024 including invaluable feedback from speakers, sponsors, and participants. Now, we need your help to deliver it!

If you’d like more information about Sponsorship, see here.

If you would like more information about giving a ten-minute talk, see here.

If you have any questions please contact Ruth and Natalie at [log in to unmask]

Kind regards

Ruth Willmore PgCert Genealogical, Palaeographic & Heraldic Studies

Society of Genealogists Events and Education Manager

Our next course is an in depth look at Irish genealogy - Beginning Irish Research, an 8-week course on Tuesdays 6.30-8.30pm beginning 2 April.

sog logo

40 Wharf Road,

London N1 7GS

www.sog.org.uk Tel: +44 (0)20 7553 3290

Registered Charity No. 233701. Company limited by guarantee. Registered No. 115703.

This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to The Society of Genealogists. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The Society of Genealogists are neither given nor endorsed by it.