Hi Tim,

We have recently produced a flowchart to help colleagues decide whether catalogue records should be open or closed because of GDPR issues or because an item contains sensitive material. It does have a military focus to it but might be a good starting point for you.

Happy to email it to you if you think it will be of help.

Best wishes,

Kate

Kate Braun​​​​
Curator (Archives)
[cid:image673260.png@84DCB8FE.A0791C21]
02392 891370<tel:02392%20891370>
   Ext:
2031<fax:2031>

​Visit the National Museum of the Royal Navy shop<https://bit.ly/2KqLuSW>
Show your support to us today by donating ‑ nmrn.org.uk/donate<http://nmrn.org.uk/donate>
[cid:image001.jpg@01DA7AD6.646FA7C0]
Portsmouth  ‑  Gosport  ‑  Yeovilton  ‑  Hartlepool  ‑  Belfast

​We tell the story of the four fighting forces of the British Royal Navy; the Royal Marines,
​the Fleet Air Arm, the Submarine Service and the Surface Fleet. Click here<https://www.nmrn.org.uk/news-stories> to read our
​latest news.
​
With museums nationwide, we link navy to nation.

​​Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Operations is a joint venture between the National Museum
​of the Royal Navy and the Mary Rose Trust. NMRN is a registered charity, no 1126283 and a
​Company, no 06699696 registered in England. Our registered office is HM Naval Base PP66,
​Portsmouth, PO1 3NH
Our email disclaimer is online.<https://www.nmrn.org.uk/email-disclaimer>