From: Anton Shekhovtsov
How to counter it?

Good day to you all,

I thought you might be interested in my latest column for *EUobserver*,
titled “Russian Malign Inspiration and How to Counter It”:
https://euobserver.com/opinion/157891

The column starts with a discussion of the recent terrorism charges against
27 individuals in Germany associated with the far-right “Patriotic Union”
that aimed to restore the German Reich by dismantling the German state with
the help of an imaginary secret “Alliance” consisting of Russia and other
nations. While there is no evidence of direct Russian involvement, the
column highlights the role of Russian malign inspiration in motivating
anti-establishment groups in the West. To counter this, I call for more
balanced media reporting that not only acknowledges the threats of Russian
political warfare, but also exposes its many failures, in order to diminish
the innate potential of the Putin regime to inspire Western illiberal
actors to act against the liberal-democratic order.

With kind regards,

Anton Shekhovtsov

<https://democratic-integrity.us21.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cdc490bacf6019e77872e1810&id=b449d00837&e=9aaf961960>
[image: Logo]