Dear all,

We’re currently doing our regular refresh of our insurance arrangements for the collections at Britten Pears Arts (archives, rare books, artworks, objects in the historic house, etc.) and I wondered if I could canvas people’s approaches to this?

I’m aware that there are different approaches to insurance, given the fact that typically our collections are unique and thus not replaceable no matter how much insurance money might be paid out, and I’ve certainly come across scenarios in which people insure loans but not materials they own themselves, insure their own material when loaned out but not when in their own custody, etc.  We’re keen not to just keep on doing what we always have done, and to check up on what current practice includes.  If anyone would be prepared to share with me what their views are on insurance, its utility and what you use it for, this would be really useful to feed into the conversations with our finance department; obviously, this is a big favour I’m asking and any information would be treated in the *strictest* confidence!

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Dr Christopher Hilton

Head of Archive & Library

01728 451706

brittenpearsarts.org

01728 687100

Snape Maltings, Snape, IP17 1SP

The Red House, Golf Lane, Aldeburgh, IP15 5PZ

Britten Pears Arts is a pioneering music, arts and heritage charity located on the Suffolk Coast, responsible for two beautiful, historic locations: Snape Maltings and The Red House.

Britten Pears Arts is a registered charity no. 261383 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales No. 980281. Registered office: Snape Maltings Concert Hall, Snape, Saxmundham, Suffolk IP17 1SP.