Dear all,

Community surveys often point to the biggest bottleneck in excellent bioimaging science being image analysis. That’s why the RMS DAIM committee and their friends across the world are putting the fantastic image.sc forum “on the road” and staging a first of it’s kind event which we’re calling “Image.sc LIVE! around the world”.

All the info you need is here: Image.sc LIVE around the world! - Announcements - Image.sc Forum<https://forum.image.sc/t/image-sc-live-around-the-world/89596> and in the attached poster, as well as pasted below:

Do you have a bioimage analysis question that you would like to discuss with an expert in a live consultation? You are in luck! The “Image.sc LIVE! around the world” event is coming!
Mark your calendar for January 18th (Europe, Africa, Americas)-19th (Asia, Aus, NZ)- we’ll meet on GatherTown and you will be able to chat directly to our image analysis experts (more details about the exact timetable to be confirmed shortly).
Post your questions in advance here on image.sc to help us match you with the best person and time zone, ideally before January 11th. In the post please tell us:
·       what is your question (no question is too small to ask)
·       how does your data look - please include a raw data example if possible
·       what software you would like to use (Fiji, Icy, Cell Profiler, QuPath, Napari, something else?)
·       which time zones would work best for you
Please also find in the thread below an example post! Remember to use the daim<https://forum.image.sc/tag/daim> and the imagesc-live<https://forum.image.sc/tag/imagesc-live> tags, so that we can keep track of your request!
If you have any further questions, please reply to this post and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The event is being organised by members of the RMS DAIM committee, as previously announced here 5<https://forum.image.sc/t/using-image-sc-website-to-host-q-as-for-a-one-day-live-event/88147>.
We are actively recruiting image analysts from around the world who would like to attend on the day, either answering the posts to image.sc, networking with colleagues, or helping organise the event in their local timezone. Please DM me or respond to this post if you are interested. We hope this will provide a new way to meet other image analysts in your time zone, so even if you don’t answer any user posts you can drop by and say hello.
Watch this space (and social media and other blogs & channels) for more details.
Happy holidays and all the very best for the new year!
Dave Barry, Rocco D’Antonio, Georgina Fletcher, David Gaboriau, Martin Jones, Stefania Marcotti, Dale Moulding, Maddy Parsons

PS Thanks to the Crick Networking Fund for supporting us 😊!
Georgina Fletcher
BioImagingUK Project Officer and UK Node Manager for Euro-BioImaging
 [BioImagingUK logo]
need access to excellent imaging equipment and expertise - check out the UK Node of Euro-BioImaging<https://www.eurobioimaging.eu/nodes/uk-node>
follow us on twitter @BioImagingUK<http://twitter.com/BioImagingUK>
visit our webpage<https://www.rms.org.uk/network-collaborate/bioimaginguk-network.html>
NEW! follow us on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/bioimaginguk/?lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_detail_base%3BglRB%2BOotQlG1s6BmXAvR3A%3D%3D>
proud supporter of the Technician Commitment<https://www.technicians.org.uk/welcoming-the-royal-microscopical-society-and-bioimaginguk>

Royal Microscopical Society
37/38 St Clements, Oxford, OX4 1AJ, UK

RMS office: +44 (0) 1865 254760
www.rms.org.uk, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/RoyalMicroscopicalSociety>, X (Twitter)<http://twitter.com/RoyalMicroSoc>, Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/royalmicrosoc/> or YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKtfBfREDUaGK_c03UmSvTw>

The Journal of Microscopy<https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/13652818> is the Scientific Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society, it is an international and interdisciplinary forum for publication, discussion and education for scientists and technologists who use any form of microscopy or image analysis. Follow the Journal on X (Twitter).<https://twitter.com/JofMicroscopy>

[cid:image005.png@01DA2D19.2AA5EB40]European Light Microscopy Initiative 2024 (elmi2024)
4 - 7 June 2024, Liverpool, UK. www.elmi2024.org<http://www.elmi2024.org/>

The contents of this email are con­­fidential and protected by copyright. The email is intended for the named addressee only. If you are not the named addressee (or a person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the addressee) and have received this email by mistake, any copying, disclosure or dissemination of the contents of this email to any third party is strictly forbidden by the sender. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by return of email and delete this email and destroy any copies thereof. Please also note that the Royal Microscopical Society endeavours at all times to keep its network free of viruses. You should, however, scan this email and any attachments to it for any viruses. The Royal Microscopical Society will not be held responsible for any viruses which may be transmitted upon receipt of this email or the opening of any attachment thereto. Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal Microscopical Society.

[nqa ISO 27001 logo and UKAS Management Systems logo.]

If you no longer wish to be contacted by the RMS, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

--
UK-EUROBIOIMAGING
Visit the website http://www.bioimaginguk.org