Apologies for cross posting

Book now for Reach Out: Engaging Younger Audiences with Museums - 6 December 2023

Engaging young audiences is no easy task for museums, but the rise of participatory practice has led many museums to build strong relationships with youth communities, particularly those from marginalised backgrounds, and ensure their voices are accurately represented in institutions.

This event offers practical advice and case studies that demonstrate how museums can build equitable and sustainable relationships with underserved audiences such as teenagers and young adults, which centre their voices and wellbeing.

Prices for this one-day conference start from as little as £30.

Speakers include:
Dhikshana Turakhia Pering, Chair
Alison Bowyer, Executive Director, Kids in Museums
Su Hepburn, Head of Learning and Engagement, Brighton Museums
Harvinder Bahra, Community Engagement Manager, Chiswick House & Gardens
Jennifer Keenan, Learning and Access Curator, Kelvingrove Museum
Susie Ironside, Visitor Studies Curator, Kelvingrove Museum
Oisín Kenny, Apollo Fellow, National Gallery of Ireland
Shereese Peters-Valton, Schools and Teachers Coordinator, University of Cambridge Museums
Hannah Lee-Chalk, Learning Manager, Manchester Museum
Jennie Aspinall, Primary Learning Co-ordinator, Manchester Museum
Katherine Hunter, Learning Officer, London Transport Museum
Zoe Lake Thomas, Learning Officer: Young People, London Transport Museum

Find out more and view the programme here<https://www.museumsassociation.org/events/reach-out-engaging-younger-audiences-with-museums/>

Book your place here<https://profile.museumsassociation.org/Eventbooking/?event=EVE100763>

Inclusive event places
The Benevolent Fund will provide five free places to this event to individual members who face barriers due to ethnicity, disability, socio-economic background, and gender identity or sexual orientation (LGBTQ).

These free places are part of our wider work towards creating a more inclusive sector. We will also support any accessibility requests such as provision of British Sign Language (BSL), audio description or closed captioning. The deadline to apply for an Inclusive Place is 12 noon on 22 November 2023. Complete the events inclusive places request form here.<https://customervoice.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=84gz8ZjMDkuBFRhbCZ2p8UfI66Yc8UtMkUcagoZzbA5URTFWOUdUWkg3U0JVWVhXUjUzQVJHMkQxRy4u>

Regards

Emma

Emma Randall
Marketing & Membership Officer
Museums Association

W: www.museumsassociation.org<http://www.museumsassociation.org/>

Museums Association, 42 Clerkenwell Close, London EC1R 0AZ
+44 (0)20 7566 7880

Not a member? Join today<https://www.museumsassociation.org/join/individual-membership/> to help us make the case for our fabulous museums and support everyone who works for and with them.

Contacting us. Please note that our working week is Monday-Thursday and we primarily work remotely. We occasionally send and pick up post from our office, but we ask you to contact us by email or phone.