Dear CIL Users,

We're delighted to announce the release of CIL version 23.1.0, featuring exciting enhancements. Here are the key highlights and installation instructions.

Key Highlights:

1. TotalVariation Warm Start: The TotalVariation (TV) function now supports 'warm_start,' enhancing convergence and reducing iterations, especially in algorithms like PDHG.

2. Algorithmic Improvements: We've optimised algorithms, including a comprehensive SIRT refactor, boosting computational efficiency and reducing memory usage.

3. Compatibility and Bug Fixes: Improved integration for non-CIL objects using CCPi Regulariser functions, improving compatibility with SIRF. We've also addressed critical bug fixes for smoother functionality.

For a detailed look at the changes, please check our complete changelog.

Installation Instructions:

For a faster and smoother installation, we recommend updating your conda solver to use libmamba. Follow our installation guide here.

To create a dedicated 'cil' environment with CIL v23.1.0, execute this command:

```

conda create --name cil -c conda-forge -c intel -c ccpi cil=23.1.0

```

Warm Regards,

Gemma, On behalf of the CIL Team

Dr Gemma Fardell (she/her)

Computational Imaging Scientist

Science and Technology Facilities Council

To unsubscribe from the CCPI-MEMBERS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=CCPI-MEMBERS&A=1