From: Alastair Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2023 8:49 AM
To: Christopher Holmes <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mandalay sea shanty

Thank you so much for all that - such FUN

    Alastair
On 07/09/2023 21:50, Christopher Holmes wrote:
Dear John,
About 55 years ago I heard The Road to Mandalay sung to the tune of a sea shanty Ten Thousand Miles Away / Blow the Winds High-O. The song can be heard here, without the Kipling lyrics: https://www.google.com/search?q=sheringham+shantmen+ten+thousand+miles+away&rlz=1C1AWFC_enGB877GB881&oq=sheringham+shantmen+ten+thousand+miles+away&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160l2.13117j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:496ee84b,vid:56JE3xnd-2k
But the Kipling lyrics fit perfectly. I have searched for an hour but can’t find anyone doing that version.
The Sheringham Shantymen are excellent though. More of their songs are here:
https://sonichits.com/video/The_Sheringham_Shantymen/10%2C_000_Miles?track=1
Best wishes to all,
Chris Holmes
Whalley, Lancashire