Dear Jiaqi,

I am not sure if this will fit into what you have in mind, but I'm
realizing a series of entry-level videos on ABM (currently I have published
10 of them). It is not an academic course, since there is no overall
structure and the videos are rather short. Indeed, it is more a series of
videos covering different aspects of ABM as I stumble upon interesting
ideas that can be explained to non-experts; almost a sort of "ABM pills."

Here's the playlist if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo-BIKAu8Bc&list=PLsv8cj_Tu8Ks_JKH9ZshfA6C6DO3MAG_q&ab_channel=SocialComplexity%2FComputationalSocialScience

Bests

Dino

Il Ven 18 Ago 2023, 16:12 Jiaqi Ge <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:

> Hi Everyone, I am trying to make a list of available ABM online courses.
> Here are the ones we have found so far, which are all free:
>
> 1. Santa Fe Institute offers an online course titled "Introduction to
> Agent-Based Modeling". You can access the course directly at [Introduction
> to Agent-Based Modeling - Summer 2022](
> https://www.complexityexplorer.org/courses/146-introduction-to-agent-based-modeling-summer-2022
> ).
>
> 2. Another course from the same institute is "Fundamentals of NetLogo",
> which can be accessed at [Fundamentals of NetLogo](
> https://www.complexityexplorer.org/courses/84-fundamentals-of-netlogo).
>
> 3. The University of Geneva (UNIGE) has a course on Coursera called
> "Simulation and modeling of natural processes", available at [Simulation
> and modeling of natural processes - Coursera](
> https://www.coursera.org/learn/modeling-simulation-natural-processes).
>
> If you know any other online courses, including paid ones, could you share
> with us please? Also, if you have taken one of the courses before, could
> you share your experiences and feedback with us too?
>
> I think the list will be useful for training PhD or Masters students when
> they want to learn ABM, as many universities do not have ABM courses in
> their regular programmes.
>
> Thank you!
> Cheers,
> Jiaqi

Dino Carpentras
Marie Curie Fellow at University of Limerick
www.dinocarp.com