"Apologies for cross-posting"

Dear All,

We invite you to attend the Annual General Meeting of the RGS Food Geographies Research Group (FGRG). This will be held online (via Teams) on Tuesday, 5th September, from 12-2 pm (UK time).

We have several committee roles due for election at this year's AGM and would love to hear from you if you are interested in joining our friendly committee.

We will hold an information session over Teams on Tuesday, 16th August, at 1 pm. If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of the roles below, it would be an excellent opportunity to learn more.

If you would like to attend the AGM and/or the online information session in August, please email Dr. Rebecca St. Clair, Secretary of the FGRG, at [log in to unmask] to register, and she will send you the Teams link(s).

The committee roles due for election are:

  • Postgraduate Representative (1 year)
  • The purpose of this role is to encourage involvement and provide support for postgraduate researchers. In previous years, postgraduate representatives have organised sessions at the RGS annual conference and held online workshops and events such as abstract writing sessions and coffee mornings.
  • Early Career Officer (3 years, although we are flexible about the length of term for this role and would be open to a shorter period)
  • The purpose of this role is to encourage involvement and provide support for early career researchers. In previous years, early career officers have organised sessions at the RGS annual conference and held online workshops and events. The ECR officer and PGR rep have worked together over the last few years and run several events collaboratively.
  • Digital Officer (3 years)
  • The purpose of this role is to share the work of the FGRG, communicate news/events, and work with the rest of the FGRG committee to support digital comms. The digital officer is responsible for updating our Twitter account and maintaining the FGRG website. This role is shared with our existing digital officer.
  • Conference Officer (3 years)
  • The conference officer is responsible for working with the rest of the FGRG committee and the RGS to support FGRG's involvement in the RGS Annual International Conference and coordinate FGRG session sponsorship. This role would be shared with our existing conference officer for the first year of the post.
  • Dissertation Prize Coordinator (3 years)
  • The dissertation prize coordinator is the point of contact for our annual undergraduate dissertation prize. The role involves receiving nominated dissertations, coordinating the judging process and sharing details of the winning dissertations. This role would be supported by others on the committee.

Please note that the Committee roles are open to members/fellows of the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) only. If you are interested in putting yourself forward for any of these roles, please email our Chair, Professor Dr. Damian Maye ([log in to unmask]) and our Secretary, Dr. Rebecca St. Clair ([log in to unmask]). Nominations can be put forward until the FGRG AGM (Tuesday, 5th September).

Please also share with your networks and pass these details on to anyone you know who might be interested in joining the committee.

I would be more than happy to have an informal chat with anyone with questions; just let me know. You can contact our Secretary at [log in to unmask] for any questions.

I look forward to meeting some of you in our next meetings.

Best wishes,

Mahbub (Membership Officer of the FGRG)

Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman

PhD Candidate, Department of Sociology

Lancaster University

B 105, Bowland North

Lancaster, UK, LA1 4YT

Pronouns: He/him

I occasionally utilise a mobile device for drafting emails. Kindly pardon any inadvertent errors.

image.png

[log in to unmask]" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height:inherit;font-kerning:inherit;font-feature-settings:inherit;vertical-align:baseline">Contact me on Teams (internal use only)

Doctoral Researcher at 'Food Security for Equitable Futures' project

image.jpeg   You can follow Food Security for Equitable Futures on Twitter at @Food_Equity and Facebook at @FoodEquity and keep up with project updates through our website

Membership Officer, Food Geographies Research Group (FGRG)

Royal Geographical Society
(with the Institute of British Geographers),
1 Kensington Gore,
London, SW7 2AR, UK.

FoodGeographies.jpg

To subscribe to the FOODGEOGRAPHIES list, click here.

Latest Award:
  • Grant for attending ACCESS Summer School (2023) at Cumberland Lodge, Berkshire, UK
  • GCA Travel Grant (2022)- GCA Youth Dialogue on Adaptation Action: Delivering on the Glasgow Climate Pact, Rotterdam, Netherlands
  • Graduate College Travel Grant (2022), Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK
  • Turing Scheme Grant (2022) to attend Mobility and Humanities PhD Summer School at the University of Padua, Italy
  • The University of Manchester Full Bursary for methods@manchester Summer School (2022)
  • Lancaster University Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) Research Skills Training Fund (RSTF) (2021)
  • Lancaster University PGR Scholarship (2021)
  • Homelessness, Housing Precarity and Disaster Network (HHDN) Student Research Award (2021)
Latest publications:
"N.B: I work flexibly and may send emails outside normal working hours. Your immediate response is not expected.”

To unsubscribe from the ECONOMIC-GEOGRAPHY list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=ECONOMIC-GEOGRAPHY&A=1