SPAN | Event

Thank you to those that have signed up to our in-person event planned for Friday 22 September 2023.

As there has been a considerable amount of interest we are planning on making this initial event for knowledge exchange staff only and would ask anyone who has already signed up to re-register.

We apologise for this additional step. We have been overwhelmed (and really delighted!) with interest unfortunately we only have limited capacity in our committee rooms.

Action required.

  1. If you are a knowledge exchange professional please could you re-register here: https://forms.office.com/e/5v6YfUPiiw
  2. If you are an academic looking to engage with the Scottish Parliament we are planning a second event later in the year. Details to follow.

Our free Engaging with Parliament event on the 22nd September is aimed at KE staff and will include:

  • an introduction to the work of the Scottish Parliament’s academic engagement team;
  • case studies of engagement and information on how to engage; and
  • workshops on how to write for parliamentarians, and how to improve collaboration

The event will also feature a lunchtime tour of the debating Chamber and an opportunity to meet parliament researchers and clerks.

If you have any questions please email [log in to unmask]

About SPAN

Scottish Parliament Information Centre (SPICe) manages the Parliament's Academic Engagement Programme. The programme aims to utilise Scotland's world-famous universities and academic capabilities to support the Parliament in its scrutiny and legislative roles.

SPAN aims to formalise, coordinate and encourage knowledge exchange between the Parliament and academia via a network of knowledge exchange/brokering professionals throughout Scottish (and increasingly rUK) Higher Education institutions.

The network’s broad aim is to promote the contribution that research can make to achieving the objectives of the Scottish Parliament, for example in assisting staff at the Scottish Parliament in its function of scrutinising the Scottish Government.

SPAN was established in 2014 by the Scottish Parliament Information Centre (SPICe), the Scottish Futures Forum (SFF), Beltane Public Engagement Network (Beltane), and the Scottish Universities Insight Institute (SUII).

As of April 2022 the network will be solely managed by SPICe. SUII, SFF and Beltane will remain integral members of the network.

The Scottish Parliament: Making a positive difference to the lives of the people of Scotland
Pàrlamaid na h-Alba: A’ toirt deagh bhuaidh air beatha sluagh na h-Alba

www.parliament.scot : facebook.com/scottishparliament : twitter.com/scotparl

The information in this email may be confidential. If you think you have received this email in error please delete it and do not share its contents.