We will hold two virtual Passion-Driven Statistics workshops in the coming weeks! We invite you to register for one of these FREE workshops. Plan to attend both days for the workshop. If you can only attend one day, register and email to let me know what day of the workshop you will attend.

DATES:
Workshop 1: July 31st & August 2nd (Monday & Wednesday) 2023, 10 am – 1 pm EST

Workshop 2: August 7th & 8th (Monday & Tuesday) 2023, 10 am – 1 pm EST

This workshop will support instructors in implementing the Passion-Driven Statistics curriculum and engaging students at many different levels, including complete beginners. Passion-Driven Statistics is a project-based introductory curriculum that has been implemented as a statistics course, a research methods course, a data science course, a capstone experience, and a summer research boot camp with students from a wide variety of academic settings. The curriculum engages students in authentic projects with large, real-world data sets from the very first day! The focus is on welcoming and empowering students to ask and answer questions they care about. Workshop sessions will include a brief presentation focused on the nuts and bolts of the Passion-Driven Statistics model, followed by hands-on experience with the steps that allow students to engage in independent research. Each instructor’s experience in the workshop will be individualized to their own interests, background and needs.

Laptop computers are required. If you are proficient in a specific statistical software platform and have it available on your laptop, you are welcome to use it for the hands-on portion. For those interested in starting to learn a code-based software platform, we will support you in using SAS in the cloud (free and requiring nothing to be downloaded onto your laptop).

Use the corresponding link to register for the ONE workshop you are interested in attending.

Workshop 1: July 31st & August 2nd (Monday & Wednesday) 2023, 10 am – 1 pm EST https://wesleyan.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2nOSThQCxGKl1kO
Workshop 2: August 7th & 8th (Monday & Tuesday) 2023, 10 am – 1 pm EST https://wesleyan.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bs9CjzXeRzAbGbI

You will receive a confirmation email within a few days of registering and a logistics email the week before the workshop.

For more information, check out the Passion-Driven Statistics website at https://passiondrivenstatistics.com/ or [log in to unmask]

Please share this workshop with colleagues you believe would be interested.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Thank You,
Kristin Flaming