Dear Colleagues,

if you are working on research involving granular mechanics and you are planning on attending AGU either in-person in San Francisco or virtually we would like to encourage you to contribute to this session:

Session ID: 191203
Session Title: EP034. Seeing Earth and other Planetary Bodies through a Granular Lens
Section: Earth and Planetary Surface Processes

We welcome contributions investigating earth system problems through the lens of granular mechanics through experiments, numerical models, theoretical considerations, and field observations.

Confirmed invited speaker:

  • Vashan Wright, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
  • Emily Brodsky, University of California, Santa Cruze

Conveners:

Jacqueline Reber, Iowa State University

Kimberly Hill, University of Minnesota - Minneapolis

Karen Daniels, North Carolina State University

Lars Hansen, University of Minnesota - Minneapolis

--

Jacqueline Reber (she/her)

Associate Professor | Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean's Faculty Fellow

Iowa State University | Geological and Atmospheric Sciences

275 Science I, 2237 Osborn Drive, 50011 Ames, Iowa

(515) 294-7513 | https://structure.ge-at.iastate.edu/

Iowa State University is located on the ancestral lands and territory of the Baxoje (bah-kho-dzhe), or Ioway Nation. The United States obtained the land from the Meskwaki and Sauk nations in the Treaty of 1842. We wish to recognize our obligations to this land and to the people who took care of it, as well as to the 17,000 Native people who live in Iowa today.

To unsubscribe from the GEO-TECTONICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=GEO-TECTONICS&A=1