Hello all,

The British Science Association has announced a call for researchers to join our community engagement scheme, the Community Buddies programme.

For the last eight years, the BSA has been building a community engagement portfolio through a series of programmes, workshops, and grant schemes. Community organisers have told us that they rarely have access to researchers. As such, we are looking for researchers that live in specific areas to connect with our existing group of Community Leaders, who have an established record of delivering high-quality, impactful science engagement with the BSA.

We are looking for researchers to match with our Community Leaders based in the below locations:

Town/City

Region

Community Leader's Organisation

Ballynahinch

Northern Ireland

1st Spa Boys Brigade

Banbury

South East

Banbury Madni Masjid

Bexhill-on-Sea

South East

Community Supporters

Edinburgh

Scotland

Milan Senior Welfare Organisation

Liverpool

North West

Ugandan Community Association Liverpool

Merthyr Tydfil

Wales

Stephens and George Charitable Trust

Northwich

North West

STEAMTISTIC

Salisbury

South West

ArtCare at Salisbury District Hospital

Southwark

London

Faiths Women Community UK

Tower Hamlets

London

Society Links Tower Hamlets

Wolverhampton

West Midlands

BME Housing Consortium

Yetminster

South West

1st Yetminster Scout Group

To be a Community Buddy, we ask that, researchers:

The full details of the Community Buddies scheme can be found in our recent Call for Community Buddies news piece, including the link to an Expression of Interest Form which is open until Monday 10 July 2023.

If you’d like to Tweet about it, here is a template:

Are you a researcher looking to get more involved in your local community? The @BritSciAssoc are on the hunt for engaged researchers for their @UKRI_News funded Community Buddy scheme. They'd love to hear from you! https://t.co/nS9MOcFkhh

We’d really appreciate you sending this to your networks, and if any researchers have questions, please direct them to email [log in to unmask].

Thank you for any support you can give.

Best wishes,

James Brown

Head of Festivals

My pronouns are he/him

A future where science is more relevant, representative and connected to society.

m. +44 (0)7881 378 634

165 Queens Gate, London, SW7 5HD

www.britishscienceassociation.org

@BritSciAssoc | @jcwbrown27

Registered charity: 212479 and SC039236

To unsubscribe from the ENVIRONMENTAL-SCIENCE-ENGAGEMENT list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=ENVIRONMENTAL-SCIENCE-ENGAGEMENT&A=1