Hi all,
We are just sending out a reminder for our online BODY NARRATIVES film
workshop this Wednesday, 17 May. We are delivering the workshop as part of
IMPRINT Documentary Collective, a feminist film collective working with
processes of embodiment and themes of the body politic in documentary
filmmaking.

Thanks,
Erica

-----

*BODY NARRATIVES: An Online Film Workshop - 17 May*

As filmmakers, artists, and researchers, stories become our vehicles for
sharing unique perspectives on the world. Yet, our bodies often hold
different narratives from what we typically see in film - nonlinear,
sensorial, and deeply felt, these stories can be just as compelling. *But
how can we access them?*

If you are looking to learn more about embodied filmmaking, revitalise a
current film project, or simply want to challenge yourself by going more in
depth on experimental ways to work with moving image, join us for a two
hour online workshop on *"Body Narratives"*, and dive deep into the process
of embodied documentary, or, how our bodies can play a crucial role in
developing audiovisual work.

During the workshop, we will explore theories of the body's role in
filmmaking, as well as:

   - IMPRINT'S research and practice with 'embodied documentary' filmmaking
   - Various embodied filmmaking techniques and their filmic results
   - How to restructure stories to fit bodily experiences outside of the
   standard narrative structures used in film
   - The role of relationships and reflection in filmmaking as a means of
   connecting to one's own body
   - A sensorially informed 'storyboard' from the depth of our own bodies'
   knowledge

*This two hour workshop will be offered from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm on 17 May.
Tickets are available on a sliding scale basis at the link below:*

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/body-narratives-filmmaking-workshop-with-imprint-collective-tickets-555782700017

This workshop is suitable for documentary and fiction filmmakers,
researchers using visual methods, artists from any field working with or
interested in moving image, and anyone working with themes of embodiment
and/or the body who want to learn more about filmmaking.

*ABOUT IMPRINT*

IMPRINT Documentary Collective is a feminist film collective focusing on
embodiment and the body in documentary film. Founded by Erica Monde and
Marta Massa in 2021, IMPRINT delivers workshops, residencies, productions,
consultancies and popup screenings to experiment with the theme of
embodiment as a process for making films. Our collaborations within the
film industry and community initiatives have allowed us to reach a wide
audience on the potential of embodied filmmaking, and our goal is to
broaden the potential for representation of marginalised storytellers,
using storytelling and the documentary medium as an act of radical and
empathic resistance through the lens of the body politic. We are currently
based between Scotland and Sardinia.

Find us online @imprint.documentaries
<https://www.instagram.com/imprint.documentaries>

--