Dear colleagues,

We're delighted to be recruiting for a fully-funded 3 year Wellcome Trust Studentship in the quantitative analysis of socio-spatial mobilities and England's north-south health divide, starting in Autumn 2023 at Newcastle University. Please circulate widely through your networks.

Are you interested in the geographies of health inequality between the 'North' and 'South' of England? There is so much that we still have to make sense of in terms of England's stark geographies of health inequality and how these relate to scholarship on health selection, social causation, meritocracy, socio-spatial mobility and social class more generally. If we are to devise policies designed to counter the negative effects of health selective migration on both individuals and the communities left behind, we need to develop deeper understandings of the interplay between class, place, health and the socio-spatial complexities at stake in movements between class positions and geographic locations. For further details and applications please see:  https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CZK386/phd-studentship-in-human-geography-north-and-south-regional-health-inequalities-in-england.

Applications close on 26th May 2023. For any informal queries regarding this scholarship please feel free to contact me at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Many thanks indeed.

Niall

Niall Cunningham
Senior Lecturer in Quantitative Human Geography
Room 3.104 Henry Daysh Building,
School of Geography, Politics & Sociology,
Newcastle University,
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE1 7RU
UK