From: Nicola Ansell (Staff)
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2023 4:44 PM
To: A forum for critical and radical geographers <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Lectureships in Human Geography, Brunel University London

Dear all

We are excited to be launching two new Geography programmes at Brunel and are looking to appoint two new lecturers to contribute to these:

Lecturer in Geographies of Political Ecology and Environmental Justice http://careers.brunel.ac.uk/vacancy/lecturer-in-geography-of-environmental-change--environmental-justice---15186-526410.html

Lecturer in Political Geography http://careers.brunel.ac.uk/vacancy/lecturer-in-politics---15243-526412.html (this could include postcolonial or decolonial geographies, or geographies of activism)

If you'd like to know more, please drop me a line ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Nicola.
Prof Nicola Ansell MA, PhD, FRGS, FAcSS (she/her)
T +44(0)1895 266085 | E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Brunel University London
Department of Social and Political Sciences
Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, United Kingdom

www.brunel.ac.uk/people/nicola-ansell
Course Director: MA Children, Youth and International Development<https://www.brunel.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/Children-Youth-and-International-Development-MA>
Research projects: www.education-aspiration.net<http://www.education-aspiration.net/>; www.cashtransfers-youth.net<http://www.cashtransfers-youth.net/>
Latest publications:
Ansell N, Froerer P and Huijsmans R (2022) 'Young people's aspirations in an uncertain world: taking control of the future?'<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/13607804221133116> Sociological Research Online
Ansell N, Mwathunga E, Hajdu F, Robson E, Hlabana T, van Blerk L and Hemsteede R (2022) 'Ethical principles, social harm and the economic relations of research: negotiating ethics committee requirements and community expectations in ethnographic research in Rural Malawi'<https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/10778004221124631> Qualitative Inquiry
Froerer P, Ansell N and Huijsmans R (2022) 'Sacrifice, suffering and hope: education, aspiration and young people's affective orientations to the future'<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17457823.2022.2075709> Ethnography and Education 17(3) 179-185
Ansell N and Dungey C (2022) 'Schooling young people for the Anthropocene? Land, livestock and learning in rural Lesotho'<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781538153642/Young-People-and-Stories-for-the-Anthropocene> in Kraftl P et al (eds) Young People and Stories for the Anthropocene, Rowman and Littlefield, London