Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I believe this call for abstracts for an SI might be of interest to many of you.

I would like to share with you a call for abstracts for an SI proposal on Displacement Ecologies to be submitted for consideration with the journal World Development<https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/world-development>. The SI is being edited by Esther Marijnen, Dimitrios Bormpoudakis and myself.

As you can see the scope of the SI is really broad where we seek to braid different epistemic traditions in the studies of emplacement, survival, resilience, resistance, adaptation, celebration, oppression and (counter)insurgency). Disciplinarily/in terms of fields of scholarship we welcome submissions across environmental history, archeology, critical military studies, architecture, mobilities studies, black geographies, comparative literature, political ecology, anthropology, among others. We are also interested in research that centres practices of urban, rural and camp em-placement, and how these are mediated by and through nonhuman nature, including plants and flowers, the sea and sea life, livestock, forests and non-timber forest products, the sun, rocks, gardens and agriculture.

Given our focus, interests and the need for interdisciplinarity, we particularly invite scholars working in the space of migration/mobility studies, carceral geography, remote sensing, critical military geographies, camp studies, memory studies, political ecology, socio-ecological systems research, animal and plant studies, critical animal geographies, labor geography and sociology, and post-humanist geographies to contribute. We are interested in contemporary, historical, and comparative analyses of the displacement-environment nexus or displacement ecologies.

The deadline for abstract submission is 15th of July 2023 and we hope to receive exciting original abstracts from many of you. Please do circulate in your networks.

For more details on the length of abstract and other information, refer to the attached document.

Do not hesitate to get in touch in case of questions.

thanks so much,

anwesha  (and on behalf of dimitrios and esther)

Anwesha Dutta, PhD
Senior Researcher
Chr. Michelsen Institute
Bergen, Norway
+47 90712994
www.cmi.no<http://www.cmi.no/>

[cid:81059cf0-292f-4fa9-b107-a694d9999790]