Dears:
We would like to invite you to participate in the special session we are
organizing at the Digital Geographies Conference
<https://ceg.ulisboa.pt/digitalgeographies/>, to be held in Lisbon,
September 11-13, 2023:

Platformization of everyday urban life in Southern European cities

Organisers: Jorge Sequera; Jordi Nofre (Nova University Lisbon)

Contact: [log in to unmask]

How do we imagine the city? How do we represent the urban? How do we eat,
move or shop? What are the lifestyle models we have chosen? How are digital
platforms being introduced in all of them? All these questions will focus
our understanding of our everyday urban life and the possible scenarios in
tomorrow’s on-demand city. We invite conceptual and empirical papers that
explore the main changes in everyday urban life by mapping cultural tastes
and social practices in the digital era, focusing mainly on how digital
platforms are used for certain daily activities that are a feature of urban
life, how they are expressed and the novelties they feature. The overall
goal this session proposal is to share theoretical and empirical approaches
that focus on how ‘online platforms’ have affected, transformed and
impacted urban consumption, lifestyles, leisure and work culture in
Southern European cities.

All abstracts should be submitted here <https://forms.gle/P4B42B6WrM9b8k5H6>,
until May 30, 2023.

Bests,