The new Public Order Act…Seeing as 29 protesters against climate catastrophe were arrested for walking along a road, and the head of the republican group Republic was arrested pre-emptively before the Coronation, I think worries about totalitarianism in the UK are a little late. The only way to fight bad laws is to break them en masse. The best thing we can do to fight the descent of totalitarianism is to go out there and break the law.

Dr Noel Cass,

Institute for Transport Studies,

34-40 University Road,

University of Leeds,

LS2 9JT, UK.

Office: (+44)113-34-37051

Publications: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=gUQONzQAAAAJ

To unsubscribe from the CRIT-GEOG-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=CRIT-GEOG-FORUM&A=1