Dear all

The Gender and Feminist Geographies Group of the RGS are really pleased to be supporting an important event organised by the Manchester Urban Institute Feminist Collective on miscarriage and pregnancy loss and university support.  The event is free to attend and we are offering five bursaries of up to £80 to support attendance for those who would like to go.  Details of the event are below.  If you would like a travel bursary please email me (Secretary of the GFGRG), on [log in to unmask] and just let me know that you are interested.  If you are a PhD student or early career/without secure employment please let me know too and these applications will be prioritised in the event of too much interest.  Deadline for applying for a bursary is 5pm Tuesday 9 May.

Victoria Browne talk, University of Manchester - Monday 15 May - 1330-1500

You are invited to an MUI Feminist Collective in-person event with Dr Victoria Browne on her
book<https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/pregnancy-without-birth-9781350279681/> 'Pregnancy without birth: A feminist philosophy of miscarriage'. The session will run as a mixture of a short talk from Victoria, a reading group (the introduction of the book will be sent to attendees), and a space to discuss further action regarding support networks on miscarriage within universities. Tea, coffee and cake will be provided.   We acknowledge that this can be a difficult yet important topic. We have booked two rooms for the event; one for the session, and a second break out space for those who may need to take a moment of privacy and quiet.

If you have any questions about the event more generally, please email Sarah Marie Hall, [log in to unmask] Please note that due to the nature of the topic, places are limited, and you must be registered in advance.

all the best

Ellie

Dr Eleanor Jupp

Senior Lecturer - Social Policy

University of Kent

https://www.kent.ac.uk/sspssr/staff/academic/j-k/jupp-ellie.html

OUT NOW:  My book 'Care, Crisis and Activism' - published by Bristol/Policy Press

 https://policy.bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/care-crisis-and-activism

blog posts: https://www.transformingsociety.co.uk/2022/02/14/community-action-in-the-pandemic-what-happened-to-mutual-aid/

https://www.isrf.org/2022/03/08/experiments-in-collective-care-community-action-in-the-shadows-of-crises/