Transport Planning for Past Coronations, Online Webinar, Thu 13th Apr 6pm-6:45pm

What does it take to enable c.3million people to line the route of a Coronation procession?

Our predecessor organisations have been at the forefront of planning for the last 2 coronations and the Archives collections contain correspondence, notes, maps, and diagrams that tell a story of how the movement of people was achieved. The collections are so informative that they have been consulted to assist with the planning of the upcoming coronation of King Charles III.

Join members of the Archives team who have been at the forefront of assisting our operational colleagues in accessing the historic collections to learn some of the intricacies of past planning, They will share insights from the collections and visual highlights.

The event is free and open to the public so do please share details with anyone you think may be interested. Registration is via this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/592811734857

Tamara Thornhill
TfL Corporate Archivist