Hi everyone!

Have you ever heard of the British Association for Victorian Studies (BAVS)? It's a multidisciplinary organisation dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of knowledge about the Victorian period. Membership of BAVS is open to anyone with an interest in the Victorian period. It brings with it the opportunity to attend the annual conference and various other in-person and online events, apply for event, public engagement, and research funding, receive the quarterly newsletter, and join a community of over 600 Victorianists in the UK and beyond.

At the moment, membership of BAVS is far more common amongst academics than GLAM professionals despite the large Victorian collections that many organisations hold. In response, BAVS has recently appointed two Curator and Archives Liaisons to its committee to help it to better support and build links with the GLAM sector, of which I am one. We have created a survey to allow us to understand how we can best achieve this goal. We want to know how we can help you as professionals and your organisation, and the ways you tend to work with academics at the moment.

The survey will only take 5 minutes and can be found by clicking on this link: https://forms.gle/YfwHhm8LcX4NLt2X7

Please take the time to complete it if you possibly can. Any answers you give will help to shape BAVS future activities. The survey will be closed on the 30th of April.

Thank you very much!

Alexandra Foulds

[cid:image001.png@01D97154.5DD7DE00]
alexandra foulds | archivist
Working Hours: 9am-5pm Mon-Fri

t: 01244 532350 | f: 01244 520643

Gladstone's Library, Church Lane, Hawarden, Flintshire, CH5 3DF
www.gladstoneslibrary.org<http://www.gladstoneslibrary.org/>

KEEP UP TO DATE
Join our mailing list<https://www.gladstoneslibrary.org/news/e-newsletter-sign-up>
Follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/gladlib/?eid=ARCLwwj7byhiVt70TGulwSywyf4eXMVLquqDV--W_QyILzMilO3xvOh0K9pp3DDCSLJfELrHn-dHRFsu>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/gladlib>, Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/gladstoneslibrary/> and LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/gladstone%27s-library/?originalSubdomain=uk>
Charity Registration Number 701399. Make a donation<https://www.gladstoneslibrary.org/contact/support-gladstones-library/make-a-donation>

Do you need to print this email?