Good morning,

We are looking to recruit two Trainee Archivists to join our wonderful Archives Team at the Commonwealth War Graves Commission  (CWGC) in Maidenhead, Berkshire.

Please see more details provided below.

Kind regards,

Michael

TRAINEE ARCHIVIST (X2)

Location: Maidenhead, with a minimum of 2 days a week in the office

Contract Type: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract

Salary: circa £23,300 per annum, pro rata, depending upon skills and experience

Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week

Are you a dedicated and enthusiastic postgraduate looking for a trainee opportunity to gain a range of experience prior to undertaking a formal qualification in either archives or records management? We are offering a fantastic opportunity for 2 Trainee Archivists to work closely with and learn from our talented team of Archivists.

About this Role and You

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) ensures that 1.7 million people who died in the two world wars will never be forgotten. We care for cemeteries and memorials at 23,000 locations, in over 150 countries. Our values and aims, laid out in 1917, are as relevant now as they were a century ago.

The CWGC Archive is based at our Head Office in Maidenhead and contains records concerning each individual we commemorate and the history of the organisation itself. Mainly consisting of administrative files, correspondence, minutes and reports, the collection also contains other material, such as architectural and cemetery plans, photographs, objects, audio/visual and digital records. As well as being in daily use by Commission staff, the Archive is also open by appointment to external researchers five days a week.

You will join the Archive team and enjoy the opportunity to become involved in all aspects of the teams’ work.

You will be able to demonstrate

  *   A good undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) and relevant, equivalent work experience in an archive setting
  *   Interest in pursuing a career in archives/records management
  *   Good general IT knowledge
  *   High level of accuracy and attention to detail
  *   Ability to manage workload and meet agreed deadlines
  *   Ability to work with minimum of supervision
  *   Ability to communicate with confidence at all levels of the organisation, and with external stakeholders, in an appropriate manner
  *   Confident and able to promote the work of the Commission
  *   Strong team-working skills

Everyone who works for us, or with us, shares our Values, which are formed around our concept of CARE (Commitment, Ambition, Respect and Excellence). We are proud and committed to ensuring we bring this to life every day, for ourselves, each other and those who lost their lives.

What We Offer:

  *   A generous holiday allocation, with 25 days annual leave, rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 30, pro rata
  *   Paid public holidays and paid office closure between Christmas and New Year, pro rata
  *   Flexible working arrangements
  *   Generous Pension Scheme, with CWGC contributing up to 15%
  *   Up to six times salary Life Assurance cover
  *   Employee Assistance Programme

Job description<https://www.cwgc.org/media/55pdtrkt/traineearchivist_jd_202208.docx> Recruitment Pack<https://www.cwgc.org/media/22wjvzic/recruitmentpack_2021.pdf> Application Form<https://www.cwgc.org/media/dgxpb5e5/appform_cwgc_template_202301.docx>

How to Apply:

Simply apply by sending us your CV, completed application form and cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to creating a respectful work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and where any unlawful and/or unfair discrimination is eliminated. We will not unlawfully discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment on grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation or marital status, religion or belief.

Michael Greet

Chief Archivist

[cid:image351046.png@437B5CB4.F35805A4]

Commonwealth War Graves Commission

2 Marlow Road   ,       Maidenhead      ,       Berkshire       ,       SL6 7DX ,       United Kingdom

Tel: +44 1628 507223<tel:+44%201628%20507223>    |      Fax: +44 1628 771208<fax:+44%201628%20771208>    |      Website: www.cwgc.org<http://www.cwgc.org/>

[cid:image614368.png@54B5164D.D26E414D]

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed in it are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you must not take any action based on its content nor copy or show it to anyone. Instead please contact the sender if you believe you have received this e-mail in error.​