The UK electronic information Group (UKeiG) is pleased to announce a half-day online CPD course on ‘Better Social Media for Libraries’ from 10 am - 1 pm on Thursday 26th January 2023.

Book Here: https://www.cilip.org.uk/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1695732&group=201314

Overview - Social Media provides essential marketing, communications and networking opportunities in today’s workplace - but what can we do to elevate your library or information service to a higher level of engagement?

How do we use social media strategically, creatively and efficiently?

How do we frame messages on social media so that they have the most impact on target audiences?

Who should attend? - All digital librarians, IT and information professionals from any discipline or sector who use, or are keen to use Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other platforms on behalf of their institution to maximise the value and impact of their library and information service. Colleagues who work in the cultural sector - museums, galleries and archives, for example - have also found this course particularly helpful and are encouraged to book.

This online course is an essential CPD opportunity if you want to explore beyond the basics of what these tools have to offer, when to use them; and what techniques are required to use them effectively.

Topics covered include - Delegates will explore a range of social media networks, focusing on:

  • Building your following and increasing engagement with target audiences and stakeholders
  • When and what to post
  • Understanding and learning from statistics and analytics: measuring and analysing impact
  • Multimedia and images
  • Accessibility

Delegates will have the opportunity to reflect on the tone of their social media messages during the pandemic. How did we get key messages to our users during this crisis?

Delegates will also be encouraged to share examples of successful tweets, as well as focusing on what works to build the visibility of, and engagement with, library twitter accounts.

Instagram is by far the most important newer platform for libraries, and you don't need a good camera to make it work. Delegates will explore content types, logistics and tagging - plus tips on posting to Instagram from laptops and PCs.

By the end of the course delegates will have learned about a variety of social media tools and techniques and be able to make an informed choice about when and how to deploy them with maximum effect.

Course leader - Ned Potter is an Academic Liaison Librarian at the University of York, and a Trainer for various organisations including UKeiG, the Bodleian, the NHS and the British Library in the UK, PiCS in Australasia, and NEFLIN in the US.

His book The Library Marketing Toolkit was published by Facet in 2012. Ned can be found online at ned-potter.com and on Twitter at @ned_potter.

Booking and payment - The course (including presentation slides and documentation) costs:

  • UKeiG/CILIP members £50 + VAT
  • Non-members £80 + VAT
  • Employer Partner staff £64 + VAT (Please contact your rep or email [log in to unmask] for the discount code)

Credit and debit cards are the preferred method of payment. Invoices are available on request using the online ‘Bill Me’ option.

For more information, and to book online, go to:

https://www.cilip.org.uk/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1695732&group=201314

All UKeiG’s upcoming CPD events for 2023 are regularly updated at:

https://www.cilip.org.uk/events/event_list.asp?show=&group=201314

UKeiG is a Special Interest Group of CILIP: the library and information association
7 Ridgmount Street, London, WC1E 7AE. Registered Charity No. 313014

CILIP members can join UKeiG for free via the CILIP website

To unsubscribe from the LIS-UKEIG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=LIS-UKEIG&A=1