Apologies for cross-posting

The 15th International Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries (LibPMC) will take place online from 11-13 July 2023.

OUR PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS PORTAL IS NOW OPEN: https://libpmc2023.exordo.com/

Closing date for proposals is 14 February at 12 noon GMT. Those submitting proposals will be notified of the decision in April 2023.

We are seeking papers, lightning talks, discussion panels, and mini-workshops on any aspect of performance measurement, assessment, or user experience in libraries, archives and information services.

We are interested in proposals from practitioners (early career, established, or anywhere in between), from researchers and academics (in library schools, information schools, or any other department that you find yourself in), and from students (masters or doctoral). We are looking for contributors from across the globe, and although the language of the conference is English, we have a strong history of presenters for whom English is not their first language.

Proposal writing support sessions
We want to ensure that LibPMC 2023 is representative of the whole library performance measurement/assessment/user experience community. We know that one barrier to presenting at conferences is cost – that is why LibPMC has a low cost (£50 or £0 if you cannot afford this fee). We are very grateful to our sponsors, PTFS Europe and Ebsco Panorama, for enabling this.

We know that another barrier to presenting is lack of confidence in how to write a conference proposal. This year we are offering optional, free online support sessions to guide you through preparing a proposal for submission to LibPMC 2023. During the session we will talk about the different types of submission (i.e. written paper, lightning talks, mini-workshops) and how to ensure that you include the essential elements by which the proposals will be evaluated. The sessions will also give you an opportunity to connect with other first-time conference presenters. The sessions will take place on 25th January at 8AM and 4PM GMT, and 1st February at 8AM and 4PM GMT. To sign up, please go to: https://libraryperformance.org/conference-proposal-support/

What do I need to do?
The specific information for each of the four proposal types can be found on our website: https://libraryperformance.org/2023-call-for-presenters. You will need to write a short proposal (maximum 500 words) that follows all the requirements for your proposal type. You will also need to write a very short biography (maximum 50 words) for each proposal author.

How do I know if my idea is relevant to LibPMC?
LibPMC brings together practitioners, researchers, educators and students interested in all aspects of performance measurement in libraries, archives and information services in any sector. Performance measurement (also known as assessment) is the process of determining and communicating how a library/archive/information service is performing, with the aim of driving improvement. It includes work based on quantitative, qualitative, or user experience methods.

Past conferences have covered topics including learning & teaching; space planning and use; methods (including UX, analytics, visualisations); services, collections & programmes; values, equality, diversity & inclusion; critical & theoretical assessment; and organisational culture & change.

Will I have to present live?
Attendees from previous conferences tell us that it is the live interactions that make LibPMC special, so we want to enable as much of this as possible. If your time zone or technology situation makes this difficult, you can pre-record your paper or lightning talk and we will ‘play’ it live for you. All discussion panels and mini-workshops need to be live.

How do I submit my proposal?
Submission is via an online portal provided by Ex Ordo: https://libpmc2023.exordo.com/ which is now open. Please complete the online form, including entering the proposal description and author biography in the relevant boxes.

All proposals will be subject to double-blind peer-review and must not have been submitted to another conference or published in a journal.

Warmest wishes,
The 2023 LibPMC organising committee<https://libraryperformance.org/conference-board/>