Ok that does it, you've been working far too hard. All hard working sociolinguists
deserve a little Me Time. And what better way to shake off your cares, lighten your
mood, and add a little sparkle to your life than completing a survey!? And not just
any survey, oh no. It's the latest rambunctiously robust, irreverently insightful,
tangentially topical survey from the crack team of moderators at the one and only
Sociolinguistic Events Calendar! https://www.baal.org.uk/slxevents

On that there web page you can relive the delights of our past surveys and marvel at
their delightful data, gripping graphics, and scintillating scientificality. Once
you've done that, head along to this year's survey and tell us what's what! This year
it's all about (surprise!) the endless joys of a global pandemic! We carefully
cultivated this survey in the calendar lab, then conducted a randomised control trial
and found that on average it is 67.4% more fun than a vaccination. Go go go!
https://forms.gle/LYRP83GWHfR4Regv8

When the responses tail off I'll write it all up into a report like I did with the
others, at absolutely no cost to you! Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!

And of course, make sure to subscribe to the Sociolinguistic Events Calendar, and why
not also set it as your browser homepage? https://www.baal.org.uk/slxevents. Then
sneak on to your colleagues' computers and do it for them too. They'll totally thank
you for it.

Dave (on behalf of the SEC team)

Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Language & Communication Studies, University of Jyväskylä,
Finland | www.jyu.fi
Communications Secretary, BAAL Language Policy group | www.langpol.ac.uk
[log in to unmask] | http://jyu.academia.edu/DaveSayers