This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------
Hi Sara,

This was a great exhibition in 2016 at the V&A - the catalogue and potentially this blog would be a good place to start: https://www.vam.ac.uk/blog/fabric-of-india

I haven’t been to this one yet - https://www.craftscouncil.org.uk/whats-on/cotton - but it sounds like it’ll hit the spot for you and their gallery guides are available online.

Afraid I can’t summon up any thoughts on literature at this point, but I hope these provide useful contacts or direction.

Best, Eleanor

On 13 Dec 2022, at 13:18, Sara Wear <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

OFFICIAL

Hello,

I am planning to display a cotton muslin dress from 1830-40 next year and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction for literature on the cotton/cotton muslin trade in the early 19th century, from both the Americas and South Asia.

I'm an archaeologist by training with 10 years looking after a great costume and textile collection, I would like to present an informed narrative of the trade(s) and social history underpinning the dress.

Any information and guidance welcomed.

Sara

Sara Wear (She/Her)
Curator of Human History
Heritage and Culture Warwickshire
Resources Directorate
Warwickshire Museum, Market Place, Warwick CV34 4SA
01926 412033
@OisintheDeer

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain confidential, sensitive or personal information and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST