Dear colleagues,

Apologies for x-posting

Here at Livingmaps, we invite submitting Special Issue proposals based on Critical Cartography and Higher Education. Our next due date for submissions is 15 November 2022. We hope that some list members will be keen to submit a proposal!

This special issue asks how to approach critical cartography pedagogically in Higher Education (HE) or other cultural institutions to achieve reflective, critical, creative, and inclusive learning situations. For this reason, this issue investigates a series of alternative and innovative cartographic interventions within HE. Specifically, this issue is looking for everyday practices by teachers from different disciplines that use innovative cartographic approaches to question and rethink urban space. Also, this issue is looking for critical pedagogies, toolkits or artistic projects that show how critical mapping of cities can shed light on power relations in cities. Furthermore, generate new inclusive pedagogical situations through the geography of what happens.

Full details of how to submit a proposal and our process for processing Special Issues are on this website: https://www.livingmaps.org/callforpapers

We look forward to hearing from you!

With best wishes,

Daniel GutiƩrrez-Ujaque